Bring up a blue-eyed Pomsky
Are you planning to buy a blue-eyed Pomsky? If yes, then this blog post is certainly for you.
Pomskies are quite popular amongst pet owners and dog lovers. These are very cute puppies with alluring blue-colored eyes. Even though they look similar to a Husky, they are not exactly the same. In fact, their body gives the appearance of a Pomeranian. However, it completely depends on you, how you see this dog since different dog owners and breeders see these dogs in different lights.Pomeranian Huskies, also called Pomskies, are really cute, particularly when they are quite young. Nevertheless, this information is not sufficient to bring up these dogs in your home, no matter where you get them. Before you bring up a blue-eyed Pomsky in your home, you must ensure if it is the right dog or pet for you and if you can handle this dog for the long term. So, in order to know more about these furry dogs, you must read this article further.
Unique characteristics of blue-eyed Pomsky
- Size: Pomskies are usually 10 to 15 inches (25 to 38 cm) tall and have a weight of 20 to 30 lbs. (9 to 14 kg). However, in rare cases, they can also grow bigger like a Husky.
- Life Span: Generally, Pomskies live between 13 and 15 years.
- Personality: Pomskies are pretty capricious since they get their temperament from their parents. Overall, these dogs are usually confident, playful, and gentle.
- Intelligence/Training: By birth, Pomskies are quite intelligent. However, training them can be a tad difficult since they take over the nature of their parents.
- Activity level: Blue-eyed Pomskies are extremely active and love playing with their owners. However, as a Pomsky owner, you must ensure that you keep your dog busy since when these dogs get bored, they can be a bit destructive.
- Companionship: A few Pomsky breeders say that these doggies are ideal family dogs. But, some others say that they need to be paid heed when around small children. This is why they advise that Pomskies should be owned by single people or families that have teenagers. Moreover, Pomskies are great with other pets too when you make them interact with the other pet during the former’s young days.
How to care for a blue-eyed Pomsky?
Just like other dogs, Pomskies too need regular caring and grooming. If you want to know how you can keep your Pomsky clean and feed him or her, read the tips given below.
Pomskies have double coats of hair that are silky and long. This is why they need to be brushed daily owing to shedding, which is usually for 6 months per year. For the remaining time period, their coats can be brushed 3 to 5 times a week.
Pomskies require healthy and regular foods in medium quantities. You can feed them anything since they’re not finicky and don’t have any special food needs to be taken care of.
So, this was all about the blue-eyed Pomsky. Now that you know a lot of things about these cute puppies, you can finally bring them to your home. To get started, take a look at this adorable blue eyed pomsky for sale.