Himachal is one of the best and most popular tourist destinations in India and the most preferred destination to enjoy the beauty of the magnificent Himalayas. Unlike some destinations like Kashmir this region is absolutely safe for tourists and that is why it manages to attract thousands of tourists every year throughout the year who come here to experience the beauty of the Himalayan range and also relax in the lap of the mountains. The popular tourist places like Shimla, Kulu, Manali and even small places like Kasol and Mandi manage to attract tourists all year round as they are ideal places to visit in the summer months to escape the tropical heat or even in the winter months if you want to experience snowfall.
How to choose the best Himachal tour packages
The problem with Himachal tour packages is that despite being a destination that is pretty cheap and one of the most preferred honeymoon destination in the entire country Himachal tourism is difficult if you have a limited time span. You might miss out locations that are worth your effort if you do not plan accordingly. So here are a few tips that will help you plan accordingly when it comes to Himachal packages.
- Chalk the important tourist places that you want to visit in Himachal like Shimla, Kulu, Mandi, Manali and other attractions that you want to spend time in. while choosing a tourism package make sure the tourist agency covers all these places.
- If you have a limited time frame then also there is no need to worry. You can cover the whole of Himachal in a time of about less than a week. If you want to go trekking then you have a keep a day separately for that purpose.
- The Himalayan ranges have some of the most beautiful and attractive waterfalls so if you are interested in that category then make sure your tourism agency covers that and at no extra cost as most of these waterfalls are located at places near to each other and they should not demand additional resources to take the tourists to those places.
- Another important fact is that you can avoid is tour packages that cover meal expenses. You can find good quality food in Himachal at very cheap rates so spending thousands of rupees to get a tour package which is all-inclusive might not be a great idea especially if you are traveling to Himachal.
- Ask the tourist agency about whether the hotels that they are providing have heating facilities or not. Many hotels around Himachal lack heating facilities despite the fact that the temperature there is usually below the freezing point. So, ending up in a hotel that lacks those facilities is not a good idea at all and you should inquire about this with your tourism agency beforehand so that if required you can arrange for a different stay.
Hopefully, if you keep these factors into consideration then it would be an easy task to plan your Himachal tour.