Do you want to reminisce a time you fell in love? Want to tell someone how you feel? You think the words won’t come out right, so sometimes it is best to express your feelings through a romantic poem. If you’re thinking of giving a present to a special someone and waiting for the perfect timing, write them a special poem and read it out to them in a cab or at dinner and express your love through romantic poetry. Rest assured, the place will be nothing compared to your wonderful efforts.
Here are 6 effective tips to write the best romantic poetry:
- Start with feelings: when you look at your loved one, what is the first thing that comes into your mind? This is where you have to start. Describe your feelings, how they make you feel and be thoughtful in the poem. If they bring butterflies in your stomach and stir a volcano of emotions, write about it. These feelings are what keeps your relationship alive.
- Remember the facts: nostalgia is something that is appreciated by everyone. Remember when you first met someone? Remember when they turned your whole world upside down? Write the details you remember and make it memorable. Especially in a love poem, even the smallest of things matter.
- Romantic comparison: if you are willing to write a romantic poem for someone, rest assured, they have made a huge impact on your life. Compare how your life was before they walked into it. Maybe you were going through a rough time and their entry made your life a whole lot better. Talk about this in your poem. Compare the good and bad times. Tell them how you have changed since they entered your life. Maybe, you changed for the best and all the credit goes to them.
- Be sincere: your poem need not be sappy or romantic. Sincerity will take you a long way. Be yourself and use your personality and write about things you haven’t been able to say out loud to your other half. It sounds sappy but, the best love poems are those that you say from your heart.
- Don’t stress on rhyming: being a love poem, rhyming does not make an impact. Sometimes rhyming can take away the heart and soul from your poem. It’s not about what you say, it is about how you say it that makes an impact.
- Spread love: your poems can inspire another couple. Your poem can be a motivation for another person to convey their love as well.
Your poems can be used in a romantic video, a comedy video and even funny videos to spread love. A simple message can make quite a huge impact on other people. Spread love and show your other half your true emotions. Make them feel like they are on cloud nine and all it takes is few sincere words and you’re in their heart.