White teeth are beautiful, and our society has a fascination towards a whitened sparkling smile. The perfect Hollywood smile is most coveted these days. The ultra-white smile has become a necessity to create remarkable first impressions that go a long way both in our personal and professional life.
Conventional tooth whitening is something that is considered to be safe by the experts. Yet the risks of conventional teeth bleaching are more often than not created or highlighted. The actual facts around the tooth whitening have been blurred to a great extent as a result of that.
But there are many celebrities who still use the home remedies for teeth whitening as they are effective, convenient and affordable. So here an attempt is being made to bring to you the natural remedies for teeth whitening without destroying the enamel. These strategies are deemed to be safe for the long-term use. So just read on.
- Use the Charcoal Powder as Toothpaste – The charcoal powder is capable of whitening the teeth naturally and turn your stained teeth into the bright ones without a problem. This is a burning material that is present in and around the firewood places, home heaters, and barbeque kitchens. All you need to do is to take a teaspoonful of charcoal powder and brush the teeth every morning and night. You should brush the teeth with this just like you use toothpaste on a daily basis. You can mix it with toothpaste for brushing if you don’t like the taste of charcoal. Just a few days after brushing with charcoal you will be able to see the difference as your teeth will turn sparkling white. The grease and stain on the teeth will be removed and you can add a beautiful shine to your teeth.
- Use Baking Soda with Hydrogen Peroxide – You should take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with hydrogen peroxide in a small dish and then use a soft brush to apply the paste and gently brush for a couple of minutes. Rinse and then just brush with a regular toothpaste after that. Hydrogen peroxide happens to be the bleach that is often used in the commercial tooth whitening products and it bleaches the stains for restoring the beautiful white natural color. Baking soda happens to thicken the peroxide for staying on the teeth for a longer period and it is also the mild abrasive that helps to remove the surface stains to a great extent.
- Go for Coconut Oil Pulling – For people who are seeking to whiten the teeth naturally, the coconut oil happens to be a great remedy. You should use pure coconut oil that is made by the traditional method. This is because coconut oil for topical application and the edible oil can have coloring agent, added flavor, and preservatives. For this, you have to scoop in a teaspoon full of coconut oil in the early morning and pull the coconut oil in between the teeth so that it reaches the gums and in between the teeth. Do this for a few weeks and keep that in your mouth for 10-15 minutes on a daily basis. The coconut oil contains lauric acid that is capable of turning the yellowed teeth to white. Moreover, the coconut oil also has other benefits. It kills that bacteria and keeps the gums healthy.
- Try Turmeric Paste – You should mix a teaspoon of organic turmeric powder with a bit of water for creating a thin paste and use a soft-bristled toothbrush for applying the paste to the teeth and brush for a couple of minutes. You should be careful not to spatter. So, then you can rinse with water and brush with the regular toothpaste. Turmeric powder happens to be a gentle abrasive that can remove the surface stain for revealing the white beautiful teeth. Turmeric is said to be antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory and hence it is a great choice for oral care.
- Use Sea-salt, Lemon Juice, and Toothpaste – You should mix some freshly squeezed lemon juice and toothpaste with half a teaspoon of salt water. Apply the mixture to the teeth and leave that on for a minute prior to rinsing the mouth thoroughly.
- Opt for Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse and Scrub – You should swirl a mouthful of apple cider vinegar or ACV around the mouth just like you use mouthwash for a couple of minutes and then dip it in apple cider vinegar and brush to remove the stains. After that, brush the teeth with toothpaste or baking soda for removing the ACV. The acetic acid in the ACV helps to break the stain and the plaque down. It also contains the probiotics, minerals, and enzymes that can kill the bacteria and the germs in the mouth.
- Use Clay – Clay has the exclusive ability to be very soft and yet polish in a great way. In fact, white kaolin clay which is a specific type of clay has a high score of this cleaning proficiency. This efficiency is a result of the combination of two factors – high ability to remove the stains and the low abrasivity score. While any clay is decent, the white kaolin is the best. You should start by focusing on the frontal teeth first as the clay is incorporated into the saliva.
The above are some of the ways by following which you can naturally whiten the teeth at home. However, if these don’t work or you have any complication with your oral health, you should avoid these and go to the dentist doctor without delay for professional teeth whitening so that you can flaunt your smile with confidence without unknowingly damaging your oral health.