Yahoo is a very proficient email service provider and dates back to 1995 when there were very few of them available. With the help of its useful features, Yahoo successfully achieved a huge user base over time. The easy to use interface and other security services provided by the brand made people stick to this email client for so many years. All this doesn’t mean that Yahoo users never face any problem.
Forgetting email account password is a common trend and to reset Yahoo account password, Yahoo has provided a few options as explained below. You can use your mobile number associated with your Yahoo account or an alternative email address to set a new password. Answering the security questions to reset the password is no more available. Also, Yahoo no longer sends the lost password, you can only set a new one when you verify your identity.
Here are the methods that you can use to set a new password for your Yahoo account:
Resetting Yahoo password using a mobile number
- Begin by opening the Yahoo Sign-in helper page and click on ‘Difficulty Signing in’.
- Select the recovery option that asks you to enter your phone number.
- When you see your number on the next screen, click on ‘Yes, text me a verification code’.
- Enter the code and click on ‘Verify’.
- You will see your Yahoo email address linked to your phone number.
- Click on the account and you will be automatically signed into your account.
- You can set a new password by entering the password twice and click on ‘Continue’.
Resetting Yahoo password using an email address
- Click on ‘Difficulty signing in’ when you open the Yahoo sign-in helper page.
- Enter the alternative email address linked to your account.
- Click on ‘Yes, send me a verification code’ when you see ‘Do you have access to this email’?
- Click on the verification link by logging into your recovery email and thereafter you will be able to set a new password for your account.
Make sure to set a strong password using unique combinations and store it in a somewhere secure place.
This is how you can reset your Yahoo account’s password once you forget it. In case you don’t have access to any of the recovery information, you will not be able to perform the Yahoo account recovery process. It is better to create a new Yahoo account in that situation.
These resetting methods can also be applied when your Yahoo account got hacked and you want to regain access to it.
Apart from this, hacking incidents are also common and if you don’t want your Yahoo account to be illegally accessed by someone, you must change Yahoo email password from time to time as explained below. Changing passwords is also important when you have used your Yahoo account using public Wi-Fi or through an unknown device. If you will not change it someone else can easily get into your account through various means.
Changing the Yahoo password through the desktop website
- Log in to your Yahoo account using any browser on your PC.
- Click on ‘Account Info’ to go to the Account info page and there click on the option ‘Account Security’.
- On the next page, click on the option that says ‘Change Password’.
- Now, you will be able to set a new password on the next page and enter the same password twice for confirmation.
- Click on ‘Continue’ and after that, you can try to login to your Yahoo account using the new password.
Changing the Yahoo password through the mobile app
- Log in to your Yahoo account using the Yahoo mail app.
- Go to the upper left corner, click on the menu icon.
- Go to the option ‘Manage Accounts’ and then hit on ‘Account Info’.
- Select the option ‘Security settings’ and enter your security code.
- Press ‘Change Password’ and then tap on ‘I would rather change my password’.
- Enter the new password, press ‘Continue’ and that’s all.
This is how you can change your Yahoo password at regular intervals and keep it safe and secure.