Air pollution is one of the deadliest issue causing major health problems. Some of the major factors contributing to air pollution are harmful chemical gases released from factories and industries, fuel contamination, traffic jam, and vehicle exhalation. As per the studies by the World Health Organization, the cities of India are amongst the most polluted regions compared to the rest.
Due to this reason, severe health conditions like lung cancer and asthma are increasing with each passing day. India, with the second highest population count, is significantly contributing to air pollution. Therefore, it is essential to have a Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate along with your vehicle insurance when driving on the Indian roads.
How does Vehicle Contribute to Air Pollution?
Vehicles are one of the major factor contributing to air pollution. Vehicle emits significant proportions of nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and greenhouse gases. Some of the factors contributing to air pollution are as follows:
- A diesel car emits 25 to 65 times more oxides in the Nitrogen oxides compared to a car with petrol as a fuel.
- Vehicles that are not serviced for more than 6 months have high chances of polluting the environment.
- Any type of vehicle engine lower than the Bharat Stage IV (BS-IV) significantly pollutes the surrounding air.
- A valid PUC certificate ensures that the vehicle causes low or negligible pollution to the environment. A vehicle with an expired PUC will be creating a high value of pollution to the environment.
- Traffic jams due to any reason demand the vehicles be immobile due to which the level of pollution consistently increases.
What is the Possible Solution?
There are two conditions due to which your vehicle is polluting the environment, they are:
- You drive an old vehicle
- Your vehicle is not serviced for a long time
In both the conditions, you can avoid polluting the atmosphere from your end. If your vehicle is not serviced for a long time, you should consider a complete servicing for your vehicle. With motor insurance from leading financial providers like Bajaj Finserv, you can claim for reimbursement for the expenses incurred for servicing or for changing of the vehicle parts without any hassle. Also, if your vehicle is significantly old, you can consider buying a new vehicle and buy vehicle insurance for the same
Features and Benefits of Motor Insurance
- If you opt for comprehensive vehicle insurance, you will get the following coverage:
- Self-damage coverage against the damage or loss of the insured vehicle.
- Third party liability coverage for the damage, loss, or injury caused to a third party due to the insured vehicle.
- Personal accident cover for owner, driver, and co-passengers.
- Optional add on covers like zero depreciation cover, no claim bonus protection cover, key replacement cover, and 24/7 roadside assistance cover.
- Cashless claim settlement in the network garages.
- Daily allowances
- Engine protection
- Emergency transport and hotel expenses.
The model of the vehicle, history of claims made, and the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your vehicle determine the premium to be paid for the motor insurance. Bajaj Finserv is certified as FAAA from CRISIL and MAAA from ICRA which is the highest possible rating given to financial providers.
You can apply for vehicle insurance online easily by filling up a quick application form with a few necessary details. You can make your contributions in controlling air pollution by keeping your vehicle in good condition without burning your pockets with Bajaj Finserv Vehicle Insurance.