From a recent survey, data suggests that in the financial year 2018, overall expenditure on public health services by the Government of India amounted to Rs.1.58 trillion. This amount is estimated to be approximately 1.28% of the total GDP of India.
For private healthcare facilities, several financial institutions in our country are offering doctor loans, which act as an immense help in financing every expense of medical practitioners in India.
This would not only lead to an increase in the availability of proper healthcare in India but also improve the total doctor-population ratio of our country, which currently stands at 1:1456.
A medical professional can utilise such a doctor’s loan in various ways to start a healthcare service of his/her own.
To find the most trusted source of such type of credit, it is advised to choose a lender who is offering affordable interest rates along with minimal documentation and simple doctor loan eligibility criteria.
How to choose the most trusted source to avail a doctor’s loan from?
Financial experts advise medical professionals to compare the rates and other features available on doctor loans across multiple financial institutions before making the final decision.
However, the most trusted source can be narrowed down to those lenders who offer the following type of doctor loans –
- Personal loan for doctors
Medical professionals should opt for those lenders that offer personal loans of a substantial amount, ranging up to Rs.37 lakh based on their doctor loan eligibility criteria. Such loans do not possess any end-use restrictions so borrowers can use the funds to deal with expenses such as wedding costs, travel costs, higher education expenses, etc.
- Business loan for doctors
Similarly, doctors should pick lenders who offer business loans for physicians at an affordable interest rate. Such loans help doctors to purchase the latest machinery, renovate or expand their clinic, etc. and thereby enhance their healthcare service as a whole.
- Loan against property for doctors
Just like the other forms of credit, you should opt for lenders who disburse loans against property for doctors with added benefits. However, such type of loans requires the borrower to mortgage property to reap the advantages of a comparatively lower interest rate than its unsecured counter-parts.
- Home loan for doctors
Apart from business needs, doctors can also opt for a home loan to buy or construct a house. With this loan, borrowers can avail up to Rs.2 crore with tenors stretching up to 18 years.
These professional loans can be quickly disbursed to individuals who meet the doctor loan eligibility criteria of their desired lender.
Most financial institutions extend these types of credits to medical professionals based on their professional qualifications.
Eligibility criteria of loans for doctors
- For unsecured credits like personal loans and business loans for doctors –
- Graduate doctors (MBBS) need to have a minimum of 2 years of post-qualification experience.
- Specialised doctors (MS or MD or DM) are not required to have post-qualification experience for these credits.
- Homoeopathic physicians, as well as ayurvedic doctors (BAMS or BHMS), are required to own a house or a clinic to be eligible for a loan for doctors. Moreover, they also need to have at least two years of post-qualification experience.
- For secured credits like home loans and loans against property for doctors –
- Graduate doctors (MBBS) need to possess at least 3 years of post-qualification experience.
- Specialised doctors (MS or MD or DM) also need to have at least 3 years of post-qualification experience.
- Ayurvedic and homoeopathic physicians (BAMS or BHMS) must have at least 6 years of post-qualification experience.
Medical professionals must know how to apply for a doctor loan to ensure a hassle-free and uncomplicated process.
Reputed NBFCs such as Bajaj Finserv brings forth pre-approved offers which make availing swift by simplifying the process. Such offers are also applicable to an array of financial products such as personal loans, business loans, etc.
There are multiple costs involved in setting up a medical practice, which can be financed through doctor loans. So, before you chose your lender, make sure to check if you are offered all the products mentioned above.