WordPress is a robust platform with its wide arrays of themes and plugins, designed to help users build functional and beautiful websites. Integrate WordPress Well, arguably, the best feature of WP is the potential to integrate promisingly with any form of online service available nowadays. For understanding this point better, you need to learn ways to integrate WordPress with Instagram.
You have Instagram as an attractive platform, designed for sharing photos and creating an engaged following. You can always take advantage of this vast potential by combining with WP and promoting own IG account. It is definitely a winning portion for all. So, without wasting any time further, it is time to learn more about simple ways to integrate WP with IG with the perfect combination of third-party services and plugins.
It is time to display a badge and follower count with WP:
The most promising integration way is by displaying follow button with follower count. For that, the IS followers widget plugin can come into action. After installing and activating this plugin, a new form of the widget will appear under “Appearance/Widget” tab within WP Dashboard. The Widget comprises of few fields for you to fill up your post. Most of those services are straightforward in nature, which includes Access Token and Instagram User ID. The Instagram User ID is mainly a unique numeric value designed for every account. You can easily find yours by using this tool. All you have to do is just type your name, click on the “Get Instagram User ID” and end up copying value on the corresponded field. To help you with the “Access Token” you might have to use another tool, available online. First, click on the “generate access token” button and log into the account to gain permission. After that, copy a resulting string of letters and numbers into Access Token field. Now, save these changes made and refresh the WP page to check how it looks. For details on that, you can visit https://gramblast.com/ and get ideas from programmers and developers.
Displaying Instagram Feed within WP posts:
There are sometimes when you plan to go a step further and show little more than just the “Follow” button and follower count. It is during that phase when Instagram Feed WD plugin is the one to choose. After activating this plugin, you have to find a new tab namely “Instagram Feed WD” in the dashboard. Make sure to click on it and select settings. Before using the same plugin, you have to sign into the Instagram account for Access Token and click on matching button to Save Changes.
- Next, you have to select the “Feeds” tab and click on the “Add new” button. Here you have the right to select between two styles for feed. It can be either “image browser” or “thumbnails.”
- You can pick whichever one matches your style and then name the feed. Type the username of feeds you plan to display.
- Next, configure rest of setting as per your selected preferences, work on saving the changes and then turn into the editor for which post or page you want to add the feed to. After the editor is loaded, you can see a new option namely “add media.”
- You can click on that and select brand new feed. After that, click on “insert: and check out new feed with “preview option.” If you want, you can choose the “image browser style.”
Displaying Instagram feed within WP Widgets:
For the sake of efficiency, you might have to re-use the Instagram Feed WD Plugin for displaying Instagram feed into WP widgets. When a single tool can perform this task as well, then avoid installing a new one and jam the memory.
- If you have already installed the plugin and activated it, navigate through the tool to click on “Appearance/Widget” on the dashboard. Here, you need to find the term “Instagram WD Widget” and then drag it to a preferred location.
- For your next step, you have to choose a feed from the corresponding drop-down list. Integrate WordPress Once the steps are covered, click on the “save” button and you can check how the widget is actually looking on the sidebar.
Using hashtags for automatically displaying specified IG posts within WP:
For achieving this result, you need three major things.
- IFTTT Account
- WordPress Install
- Instagram account
You might already have the last two options and try going ahead with the other step before advancing to the next level.
IFTTT helps you to connect multiple apps through chains of actions. Those actions are called recipes. In case, you perform any particular one in IG that might trigger the corresponding action on WP, then you are on right track. After signing up and into IFTTT account, you can add WP and Instagram as channels. Then, you have to find a recipe to automate the procedure of proper use of hashtags to display some specified pictures within the latter. After that, you need to set it up. Yes, the procedure is a bit time consuming but rather simple, to be honest!
Implementation of Zapier Instagram integrations:
Zampieri’s your way to add WP with Instagram in easiest possible manner when compared to IFFFT. You can further configure it for performing the same function during the previous step.
- First of all, you have to sign up to Zapier and then link it to your WP and Instagram accounts. You can do that by clicking on the drop-down menu as located at the top and right-hand side of the screen. After that, you need to select the “connected accounts” option.
- Later, you have to link accounts and return to Zapier homepage for exploring some current zaps. From the main menu, select Instagram as your option.
- For the next step, you have to scroll down “popular zaps for Instagram.” You can try adding new tagged media on IG to WP.
- Once you are done with that, click on “use this zap” and go through configuration wizard for setting up the right hashtags to use and on the pages, where images will appear.
Some steps are a bit technical and might be difficult at first. For that, experts are down to help.
Author bio –
Daniel Mattei is a Professional writer. He has written many articles on Social Media. He is quite experienced in the field of web marketing as well as website designing. You can visit https://gramblast.com/ and learn how to build more follower presence.